Kids love jam. However every time spreading it on a bread slice or paratha might get boring. This cake is an awesome way out to that.
Jam 3 tbsps
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Milk 3/4 to 1 cup
Let’s get baking!
- Beat 1 egg until fluffy with stiff peaks
- Add in 1/2 cup oil, Mixed fruit jam and beat till they all mix properly
- Add in 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Mix well.
- Add around 3/4 to 1 cup milk to get the right consistency of the batter
- Transfer to a greased baking tin
- Bake in a pre- heated oven at 180 °C for 30 to 40 mins
- Check with a toothpick/knife/fork
It’s done when it comes clean
- You can use any other flavoured jam instead of mixed fruit. It depends on your liking.
- I havent added sugar as jam already has sugar in it. But if you want you can a little according to your liking. In that case the milk ratio will change.
- Since it has jam in it, you will have to store it in the fridge. It stays good for about 4 to 5 days.
This cake makes a good snack or even tiffin item. Plus its whole wheat. So towards the healthy side.
That’s all for today. More easy to make yummy recipes coming up soon.